Premium Inc. Code of Conduct
Premium Inc. and it’s entities (herein after referred to as Premium Inc.) require all their vendors and suppliers to operate their business in accordance with the following standards:
- General Principle – Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall operate in full compliance with all national and local laws, rules and regulations applicable to their business operations.
- Employment Standards - With regard to the employment of any and all employees of Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall comply with the following standards:
1. Forced Labor: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall not use forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, or otherwise. No employee can be compelled to work through force, the threat of force or intimidation of any form.
2. Child Labor: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall not employ persons who are younger than 15 years old (or 14 years old where permitted by the applicable laws), or who are younger than the age for completing compulsory education in their country of employment where such age is higher than 15.
3. Harassment or Abuse: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall acknowledge that their employees have the right to have a workplace free from physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse and vendors and suppliers shall treat employees with respect and dignity.
4. Discrimination: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall not discriminate in employment, including hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, training, disciplines, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.
5. Right of Association and Collective Bargaining: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall recognize and respect the rights of employees to organize and join associations of their own choosing, and to bargain collectively.
6. Wages: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers recognize that employees should be fully compensated for all time worked and be provided with a clear and written accounting for every pay period. Vendors and suppliers shall pay employees at least a) the minimum wage required by the applicable law or b) the prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher. In addition to their compensation for regular hours of work, employees shall be compensated for overtime hours at least at the premium rate legally required by the applicable law or, in those countries where such laws do not exist, at a rate exceeding their regular hourly compensation rate.
7. Hours of Work: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall not require their employees to work on a regular basis more than sixty hours or the requirement by the applicable law, whichever is shorter per week, including overtime. Vendors and suppliers shall allow employees at least one day off in every seven day period on a regular basis and a paid annual leave required by the applicable law.
8. Benefits: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall provide their employees all legally mandated benefits.
9. Health and Safety: Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall provide a safe and healthy working environment, including, but not limited to adequate lighting, heating and ventilation systems and protection from fire, accidents, and hazardous substances. Employees shall have access at all times to sanitary facilities which are adequate and clean. When residential facilities are provided for employees, the same standards should apply.
Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and shall work towards further improving environmental conservation. Further, vendors and suppliers shall operate the business with consideration for environment and safety by saving resources and energy, reducing emissions, by implementing environmentally-aware purchasing, and by preventing pollution.
C: Documentation and Inspection
Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall maintain all documents necessary to demonstrate compliance with this policy and any applicable laws, and submit these documents to Premium Inc. upon Premium Inc.‘s request. Further, Premium Inc. shall have the right to conduct inspections or shall have the right to have Premium Inc.‘s designated independent monitor conduct such inspections to determine if vendors and suppliers comply with Premium Inc. standards and the applicable laws with or without prior notice by Premium Inc. vendors and suppliers shall accept such inspections.
Name: Robbert de Jong
Tel: +31 (0)10 299 05 06